Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"You Can Make Me Smile In the End" - May 28, 2008

So this is it, huh? I know I stated you wouldn't hear from me for about a month since my last post, so just consider this some filler. It's not as if I'm going to indulge into my personal life over the past two and a half weeks.

I would however like to commemorate the last day of Sophomore year, which ended all but three hours ago from right now. It's a blog dedicated to the 2007 / 2008 school year, one which, as I reflect, I'd truly enjoyed. I stabalized myself in a lot of areas, such as friends, grades, etc., something I basically needed to do after last year. I couldn't be happier being surrounded by the people I see and call close friends, nor could I be happier about my place academically, because it's really where I should be right now.

I consider this year somewhat like a President's legacy. You know it was pretty good, you just have to wait awhile before it officially makes it's mark on history. That's how I feel. I did a lot of bitching, and quite frankly it still makes sense, a lot of it. That doesn't diminish the fact what this year has done to me from a more personal side of things.

And yes, there are some things I seemingly couldn't accomplish that I would have liked to. My biggest is finding a stable relationship, and considering some points I'd hit in my personal life before, would've been nice to have earlier. Am I so focused on it now? Not so much. However, it would've still been nice. I also couldn't seem to get myself to do Porter Press this year, which I should really do next year, considering I am an aspiring journalist.

So after the sores, the complaints, and above all the stress, I have three months to sit on my ass an relax. Sure, I'll go out and do things too. Lots of people I need to see and do things with. But it's just nice to have the downtime to do whatever I feel like doing, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. This weekend, I have two parties to attend: One for one of my best friends, the other a family thing for my sister. Nice kick-off weekend, if you will. What comes after that will all be told in my next blog.

Cue Alice Cooper, school's out for summer! I know it's cliche, but it's felt good the past ten years, and it STILL feels good now!

No comments: